The largest nation in the globe, Russia, holds a commanding position on the list of the best places for Indian students to study MBBS abroad. The nation has been successful in luring aspirant physicians from all around the world, not just from India. After completing their MBBS in India, Indian students may find that MBBS in Russia is a better alternative due to its excellent practical-based medical education, significant clinical exposure, and affordable prices. Additionally, the popularity of MBBS in Russia for Indian students has increased significantly since the internet was first made aware of the housing of Indian medical students from Ukraine in Russian medical universities.
Nearly ten thousand Indian students travel to Russia on average each year to pursue medical degrees. Russia is home to over 30 top-ranked medical colleges, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), displaying a top-notch educational infrastructure and offering fantastic chances to medical aspirants worldwide. The fact that the medical graduates of Russia’s best medical colleges are renowned physicians, researchers, and scientists employed by famous medical organizations across the world adds to the success of the MBBS program in that country.
MBBS in Russia: Key Highlights for 2023–2024
Here is a brief summary of the MBBS program in Russia.
|MBBS in Russia Intake||September|
|MBBS in Russia Eligibility||50% score in PCB subjects in 12th.
Minimum 17 year.
|MBBS Duration||6 years|
|IELTS/ TOEFL||Not Needed|
|MBBS in Russia Fees||15 Lakhs – 60 Lakhs (in Indian Rupee)|
|Medium of teaching||English|
|Recognitions||NMC (MCI)/WDOMS/ECFMG/FAIMER/Russian Ministry of Education|
Why MBBS Study in Russia?
Medical education in Russia is usually the finest choice for Indian medical aspirants when it comes to studying medicine overseas. When choosing a nation to study MBBS abroad, any international medical aspirant will look out for features and facilities that the top medical universities in Russia have.
- The top medical universities in the world are found in Russia.
- In Russia, the MBBS program lasts six years, including a year of clinical training.
- The whole field of medicine is studied in English.
- Reputable and well-known professors, physicians, graduates, and scientists from all over the world are present at Russia’s medical colleges.
- India and Russia have maintained a close partnership for more than 50 years.
- Medical students have access to cutting-edge infrastructural facilities of the highest caliber.
- Students at all Russian medical colleges have access to cutting-edge learning opportunities.
- For Indian students, there are long-term professional advantages.
- Every year, more Indian students study medicine in Russia.
- For Indian students, Russian medical universities provide on-campus FMGE/NExT instruction.
- Top government institutions in Russia provide direct admission to Indian medical students who want to pursue MBBS. The only need for admission is passing NEET scores, and the process is hassle-free.
- Once students have all necessary documentation, including passports, letters of invitation from universities, and medical records, applying for a visa is a simple process.
- The presence of students from many nations contributes to the multicultural and friendly atmosphere that exists in Russian colleges.
- The Russian government offers scholarships to Indian MBBS students who exhibit exceptional academic achievement.
- The profession options are many for Indian students pursuing MBBS in Russia.
- International students can live in secure and pleasant conditions in Russia.
Benefits for Indian Students of Studying MBBS in Russia.
Since becoming a doctor is one of the most coveted and reputable careers in the world, the caliber of your medical education will have a significant impact on how successful you are as a practitioner. Indian medical aspirants continue to have their medical careers shaped in the following ways by Russia’s best medical universities:
Fee structure with discounts: International students who have chosen to pursue medical careers in Russia have always had the country’s full support. For Indian students, the Russian government offers subsidized MBBS tuition, making Russia a more affordable choice than India. Indian students may now earn a well-recognized medical degree by finishing their medical studies in Russia for INR 15–50 lakhs.
Admission without contributions or entrance examinations: Indian students can apply for MBBS in Russia without taking admission exams like the IELTS or TOEFL or paying donations or capitalization fees. The combined scores on the 10+2 and NEET exams serve as a more direct basis for MBBS admissions in Russia.
Practice medicine in India: After passing the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), Indian students doing MBBS in Russia have the option of practicing medicine in India. Russian university medical degrees are recognized in India, and after receiving an NMC/SMC medical license, graduates can work in Indian hospitals.
Medical education with a practical focus: In contrast to India, the leading medical colleges in Russia place more emphasis on teaching students how to practice medicine than merely studying theory. From their second year of study, Russian MBBS students are exposed to the practical side of medicine. At all of Russia’s top government medical universities, specialized simulation labs have been set up to train medical students in patient care and interaction. The innovative teaching strategies used by Russian medical institutes enable Indian MBBS students to maintain the same level of medical education as Russian students and develop into top-tier physicians even in their first years of study.
Where In Russia Can I Study MBBS?
As a top location for MBBS study abroad, Russia has a sizable number of medical schools accredited by reputable international regulatory bodies like NMC, WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, WFME, etc. Now, Indian students do not have to be concerned about their future prospects in Russia after completing their MBBS because they can select a reputable and well-known Russian medical university.
The top 3 medical colleges where Indian students may pursue MBBS in Russia are:
- Altai State Medical University, Russia
- Ulyanovsk state medical university, Russia
- Kazan Federal University, Russia
Who may apply to the Russian MBBS program?
According to the National Medical Commission, in order to be eligible to study medicine in Russia, Indian students must meet the requirements listed below.
- They had to have earned a 10+2 diploma from a reputable board (CBSE/ISC).
- They needed to have earned a minimum of 50% of the possible points in PCB topics. (40% for category reserved)
- As of December 31 of the admissions year, they should have turned 17 years old.
- They ought to have a sufficient NEET rating.
Please visit the Twinkle Institute website for more information.