Every medical student aspires to become a doctor from a top medical university in Russia or another reputable country of their choosing. However, most students find it challenging to select a university. Russia is the most favoured nation for medical study owing to many perks or advantages such as Russia’s climatic conditions, living costs, availability of various facilities, availability of top-ranked medical colleges recognized by MCI & WHO, and Russia’s local community.
Indian Student’s Medical Admission Procedure in Russia
The application process for MBBS admission in Russia is fairly straightforward. Russian Medical Universities do not need Indian students to take any entrance exams to enrol in an MBBS program in Russia. The candidate must also meet the Russian medical university’s admission norms as well as the Medical Council of India’s NEET-UG qualifying criteria.
Medical program in Russia, Indian candidates must meet the following requirements:
Eligibility for entrance to the Russian Medical colleges (MBBS):
- Candidates must have a 10+2 diploma or its equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have received an overall grade point average of 50 per cent and a grade point average of 50 per cent in PCB subjects.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old.
- For MBBS and BDS admissions in Russia, Indian candidates must pass the NEET Exam.
Dates and deadlines for applications 2022:
MBBS admissions in Russia typically begin on May 1st of each year. The application form submission period runs from May 1st to Sept 30th. All applications must be received by the 30th of August. We suggest students apply as soon as possible because there are a high number of candidates and places are restricted. As a result, those who apply early receive an additional reward.
Russia Medical Universities Academic Session
Firstly, The academic year is divided into two semesters in Russia. Secondly, In Russian medical universities, the first semester begins in September and concludes in January. The second semester starts in mid of February and ends in June. Students take tests at the end of each semester. Following that, kids get two weeks of winter vacation (from the 25th of January to the 9th of February), and two months of summer vacation (from the 25th of July to the 9th of August) (from the 1st of July to the 30th of August).
Documents necessary for admission to Russia Medical University include:
- Admission form, duly completed
- Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark Sheet Scanned
- NEET Result/Admit Card Scanned Copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- 6 passport-sized color pictures with a white backdrop (4.5 cm / 3.5 cm)
- Passport scanned copy (first and last page)
- If a passport is not available at the time of application, ID proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) must be provided.
Medical students who want to study MBBS in another country can do so by studying MBBS in Russia.
Universities in Russia do not demand extortionate donations.
- The MBBS fees in Russia are reasonable.
- The MBBS curriculum in Russia is of the highest calibre.
- Russian universities are well-known over the world.
- Medical universities in Russia benefit greatly from advanced labs and sophisticated teaching methodologies.
- Students will have access to well-equipped contemporary laboratories.
- They are recognized by organizations such as UNESCO, WHO, NMC, and others.
- In the country, Indian students are quite safe.
The notion of doing MBBS in Russia is becoming more popular among medical students and those interested in studying medicine. The Russian government is assisting the cause by granting scholarships and subsidizing tuition.